If time is money and you have more time, Do you need more money?

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Leaving Marathon

There was a stiff SE breeze on the way to Rodriguez Key today, 15+ knots allowing us to sail from the moment we turned east. The fisher King stayed below doing school, playing games and watching videos during the trip. Around and hour before sunset and with two hours to go to Rodriguez Key we started loosing the wind. To keep the momentum we fired up Mercury and kept on sailing. At least this section of water had a few less crab pots to dodge. With twilight still gleaming we entered the anchorage with around 11 other boats already there. We were not last as 3 more were approaching as we set the anchor. I wondered if I should have anchored about 1 mile away in Rock Harbor. We would need ice to save the cooler full of items as timing has not been in our favor. We decided to wait and get ice in Bimini as we went off to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment