If time is money and you have more time, Do you need more money?

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Passing Of A Long Time Friend

The Fisher King had met his best friend around a year and a half ago.  The two of them were inseparable.  Spending hours upon countless hours together fishing, dancing and playing the air guitar.  They had a special bond unlike anything else he had ever experienced.   Then late one afternoon tragedy struck.  I could tell something was amiss as he rowed the dinghy back to the boat.  His face was long and his eyes sad.  I asked if he was okay but he didn't respond.  Then as I became more worried about the change in his normal character I began to be more forceful with the question.  "What's wrong?  Are you okay?"

At this point he slowly reached down and pulled up his fishing rod.  With a sad, sad tone in his voice he said "It broke!"  "I was casting and it hooked the dinghy, and as I cast it just broke."  "I didn't mean to." "Can we fix it?"  "I'll get the tape."  He continued on with the problem solving trying to make it all better. Trying to explain that it just wouldn't work that way I decided to go to the stern and get one of my rods for him. As I detached the reel and began to attach his he still morned.  He wanted a rod just like the one that broke.  Mine wouldn't do.  So now we will set aside a couple of the proceeds from his conch shells to buy him a new rod.  After all you can't be the Fisher King without catching fish with your own special rod.   

 Sad, Sad Little Fisher King

 Bye, Bye old friend

The damage is done

If anyone out there has enjoyed his adventure please email us about buying a conch shell to replace his rod.  It is now number one on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment