If time is money and you have more time, Do you need more money?

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Getting ready part 4,278.3 or at least it feels that way

Sitting here today waiting out the latest North Blow (20knts and cold!) I took time to install the latest upgrade.  I upgraded to Fugawi Marine ENC 4.5  complete with Navionics chart reader.

Navionics platinum 3D!
It includes support for Google Earth.  
And GRIB file support!

I know I could get all this from Lowrance or Garmin or even some other guys but this comes in at 2K less.  I put this on both the main boat computer and the new Panasonic Toughbook 

(Do not buy Asus netbooks!  They are energy efficient but have a serious issue with the chargers, charger connection and living in the "Live aboard world"  Buy a used Toughbook for $100-$500)

With this upgrade from Fugawi 3.0 it puts us with two computers running Fugawi Marine ENC 4.5, Lowrance 38c, a whole collection of paper charts, more cruising guides and Active Captain we are covered for the season.  I hope!  Well Santa could bring a Navionics 906P+ for Christmas.  

w



No comments:

Post a Comment