If time is money and you have more time, Do you need more money?

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Today was a grab bag of mixed projects..

First was getting the on board WIFI set up.  Last spring I set up the Bad Boy WIFI antennae atop the mast and plugged straight into the on board computer.  That has all been good except Bad Boy WIFI and Chrome don't play well during set up and channel changes.  Every new port I have to go to IE long enough to pick a station.  I could leave it on random but a lot of "available" stations in the Keys are actually only an entry portal to Pay Connections.  One other thing that has been driving me crazy is the reception at water line!  Being on the laptop is an act not unlike being on AOL years ago!  You just never hear the "GOOD BYE!"  as you loose connection.
Bad Boy Unleashed! I had been looking at this for some time now that Tin is aboard.

Today, to save a hundred plus bucks, I dug out the old Netgear wireless and found it was 12volt, yehaaa!  That makes connections much better than having to run an inverter.  So the morning was spent looking up passwords from 3 years ago and getting the Netgear wireless to broadcast the signal it was receiving from open WIFI ports.  Now I am typing this with my "pirated" (actually free from the dock but you know what I mean) and rebroadcast of the signal from the laptop.  I now have a glitch free connection to the laptop and can move around the boat when the available signals are weak.  If I find the need for more power (taking the laptop to the beach etc.) I can always upgrade later.




 HERO 2 Sequence of greedy bird with Blondie in back ground

Also on the list today was getting the old spinnaker pole rebuilt and as soon as I get some crimps that will be done.

We tried making Sushi last night, key word tried.  I was so worried about the rice not cooking well on the grill that we kept putting it off.  Well... rice on the Magma Kettle came out perfect.  One cup sushi short grained rice, 1 1/4 cup water and cook on med hi with lid until water is absorbed and set to rest for 10 minutes!  Stir in sushi rice sauce and place into gallon zip lock and put in cooler, I hate hot rice on sushi.   The rice was perfect but the Sea Bass was tough and not that good raw.  Now that the "ice" is broken we can experiment more!


Tin grumbled through his "Monday" in Boat School but is doing well overall.  He is now on Math 6 before Christmas in his 5th grade class.  He is regretting the fact that he chose a book with 438 pages to read.  But for most everything else he is on track, by June he will be 1/2 way though 6th grade lessons. with only a couple hours +_ each school day.

Fisher King and his mom from water level. 

I also managed to get the long postponed installation of the Solar Vent complete.

Also did a little fishing and caught one White Trout.  I spent more time playing with the new HERO 2 camera to see what I think.  I had the frequency set to quick so I never got any underwater photos of the trout or anything else.  I will change the settings and try again on another day.  If all goes well by the time we get to crystal clear water I will have a good lens for the GOPRO.  I was able to use one of the boat poles for a 12 foot extension to make different point of view photos.  We also found out that among all the fishing gear we have I need more light weight braided line.  Oh well more things too do.

w
Hanging out in PC for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment